Sunday, December 1, 2019

In all Grace, Let It Snow!


Today it snows. Snow is the most beautiful thing sometimes. It covers all the messes in the world. It silences all that noise and returns the world to quiet. It covers tracks and reveals others. It's smooth and soft as it falls on your face. It smells sweet and clean.

You might only know this if you actually stopped what you were doing and stepped away from the bustle of the material world and just breathed in it.  Such a busy world.

A coyote crosses the drive, brown, dancing among the black and white of the deliberately tall trees and the snow covered ground. His mate follows uncertain as to the safety of their movement.


All is tranquil as the flakes swirl and fall slowly to the white carpet below. I've been waiting for this. I surrender to it.  I love this time of year. I am not afraid of snow. I am in love with what it offers me. This stillness and beauty. This out of time experience. I appreciate every flake. I know where they're headed. I love that it teaches me caution and how to be present. Because that is what it take to survive the winter. To thrive in it and play in it. I love to dress for it. Securing my warmth with clothing. Warm feet, warm arms, warm legs, warm hands, warm head, cool nose and cheeks.

I love the work I do for it. My arms remember the process of shoveling; they warm to it. My back and legs work in unison with my arms to move snow from here to there. I sweat beneath my warm clothes. I breath strongly and rhythmically, opening my lungs to fresh sweet cold air. Expanding myself as every atom, every cell in my body experiences snow through the actions of my soul.

The flakes fall. Some small, some clumps- all unique. I caught them in my warm hands, but they melted too quickly to see this uniqueness. Magical. Yet I look out my window and see that they gather together to create this white winter carpet. Beautiful!

Blessed am I that loves the snow. I surrender to its grace and peace!




No comments:

Post a Comment