Sunday, December 15, 2019

My Paradise in the Woods



The sun is out!! Everything seems to sparkle after days of rain, fog and quiet. The red of the pine needles is redder, the lush green of the moss is brighter, the sun striking the treetops majestic. I couldn't be happier.

I live in my own manifestation. On my vision boards over the years, there has always been a  cabin in the woods, down a hill, in the mountains and with a deck. There were windows, large windows letting in the view and the light. All for my own pleasure and enjoyment. There is a circular drive. There are animal prints in the snow in winter. I have hummers that come to my feeder and Stellar Jays to the suet. The wind blows through the trees and it hums all around me. 

On rainy days the outdoors are loud. Millions of tiny drops of water, some falling great distances, fall all around me. Every surface offering  subtle drumbeats, adding to the orchestra of sounds in nature. It feels like I'm standing in a forest cathedral without a roof. The tops sway and in doing so change the music of the drums. 

What I have learned in this short interval of living here is how small I am in the big picture. How amazingly lucky I am to be able to be a living part of this experience. I breathe bigger here. I breath in the rain, the top of the trees, the fog, the breeze and I can feel its healing power all the way to my toes. I do this every morning and every evening along with my thanks to the universe for the gift of living  in this paradise in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment